Ambler Savings Bank is committed to treating our customers like a part of our family and serving our communities by being more than just a bank.
We believe in building a relationship with each of our customers to meet all of their needs. Our customers will always have a professional banker to provide them with the highest level of service.
Our Board of Trustees, management and staff really understand the communities we serve because we are an active part of these communities. This means our customers are provided with quick and creative solutions for their banking needs by our experienced professionals.
Ambler Savings Bank has been serving our customers in Montgomery County since 1874, with locations in Ambler, Limerick, Fairview Village and Schwenksville.
In 1874, the Village of Ambler had 35 residences, a lumber yard, a coal yard, two mills, and no post office within the town limits. That same year, a group of businessmen gathered at the home of Davis Yerkes and created the town's first building and loan association. The purpose of the Association was simple – to provide affordable home financing. The Ambler Building and Loan Association met at Yerkes Hall, at Short and Main Streets, until a fire in February of 1890 destroyed the building.
While the business of the Association has been carried out at various offices throughout the Borough of Ambler, the first ground floor offices were opened in 1939 at 8 East Butler Avenue.
By our 75th Anniversary, we had financed over 2000 homes. In the immediate years after World War II, the Association financed over 100 homes for ex-servicemen returning home.
In 1955, we built new offices at 44 East Butler Avenue and changed our name to Ambler Savings and Loan Association to better reflect our expanding mission. We quickly out grew this new space and purchased land at 155 East Butler Avenue. In 1962, we moved into our newly constructed headquarters building which featured a large lobby, and for the first time, a drive-up teller window. Over the years, we purchased two additional buildings expanding our Ambler campus to include a dedicated loan office.
In 1974, we celebrated our 100th anniversary, and in the same year, opened our second branch, located in Schwenksville. Today, we have four locations throughout Montgomery County including Limerick and Fairview Village, with local, experienced professionals who provide customers with the highest level of service. We changed our name in 2002 to Ambler Savings Bank and now offer a full line of consumer and small business banking services.
In 2014, we celebrated our 140th anniversary and embarked on our most ambitious project – the demolition of our existing Ambler facilities and reconstruction of a new headquarters on the corner of Lindenwold and Butler Avenues in the heart of Ambler. The building will incorporate ecologically friendly features and house a modern bank branch connected with our lenders, support staff, and senior management. But most importantly, the new space will allow us to grow and continue to serve our customers as an independent, mutual financial institution for many more years.